Press Releases: Rockhouse Hotel Outdoor Acoustic Concert Series
MORE PRESS RELEASES NEWS
- Super Cat ready for Sting 30th anniversary
- Pentateuch and Earth Cry Band to perform at Alma Mater
- Chronixx and Raging Fyah headline Wickie Wackie Live #3
- Mario Evon's 'Soul Tek' gets official video
- Protoje Releases Militant New Single
Rockhouse Hotel & Spa and Pushcart Restaurant in Negril are pleased to announce the launch of their monthly outdoor, acoustic, concert series. Each month, Rockhouse will honor Jamaica's rich musical tradition by presenting important artists spanning the decades and genres of ska, reggae, and dancehall. The series will showcase each artist with an intimate and elegant acoustic campfire performance taking place on the cliffs overlooking the Negril's beautiful Pristine Cove. Each installment of the series will feature international DJ / selector talent and will be broadcast live on Radio Lily, the online radio station of Rockhouse's New York City sister property, the ultra-popular Miss Lily's restaurant.
The series launch on May 21 will feature dancehall singjay Mr. Vegas performing an acoustic set of island favorites and hits from his Sweet Jamaica album. The event will also feature an opening DJ set by Brooklyn, New York's DJ Max Glazer (Rihanna's tour DJ and founding member of the Federation Sound System).
A portion of all proceeds from the event series will go to the Rockhouse Foundation, the hotel's non-profit organization that has invested over US $2,000,000 in building and refurbishing public schools and libraries in Western Jamaica.
About Rockhouse Hotel
The Rockhouse Hotel is a boutique hotel situated along the cliffs of the breathtaking Pristine Cove in Negril, Jamaica. The casually elegant escape was named at the World Travel Awards as the "Caribbean's leading boutique hotel" and Travel + Leisure awarded Rockhouse their "Global Vision Award", citing the hotel's devotion to sustainability and community work through the Rockhouse Foundation. Rockhouse has also been named in Conde Nast Traveler's "Best In The World" list and the hotel is also featured as a must-visit place in Patricia Schultz' best-selling book, "1000 Places To See Before You Die."
- Majestic Riddim connects Reggae artistes across the world
- Etana reflects on female artistes that paved the way for her
- Chimney Records walks on air with Rising Sun Riddim
- Silly Walks welcome 'Brighter Days' on new riddim
- Tour De Force gives us an 'Old Time Love' with EP
- Jamal Gordon; the young voice looking towards a brighter 'Tomorrow'
- Panmedia staying ahead of the pack with mobile apps
- Second Generation Producers Weigh In
- TheBeatRoom, Virtual Marketplace for Beats Launched
- Skrillex to DJ at Major Lazer Live in Jamaica