Music: Denyque – Jamaicanmusic's "Supergirl"
- Album Review: Gappy Ranks – Shining Hope
- Denyque ready to leave solid imprint on the musical realm with new EP
- Reggae revival takes place at Arts in the Garden
- The Morning Ride Riddim Review
- Altitude Riddim Review
Not wanting to give away too much information about the project before its release, Denyque decided to give us a brief interview that included a few details about the mixtape.
Denyque chose the title I Am Supergirl based upon her nickname "Supergirl" that she has been dubbed with over the years, and is also the name of one her songs. Denyque stated that the nickname served as a confidence booster being a woman in a very competitive male dominated music industry.
Furthering about the project, Denyque described I Am Supergirl as her "journey in the music industry so far, and comprises of 21 tracks, with a mixture of old favorites, new songs, and a few remixes of international releases". The project was mixed by popular Jamaican sound system Razz N Biggy.
Denyque stated that her decision to release her first mixtape was "to have my own compilation of music, something solid, with songs I love and everybody loves as well".
Guest collaborators on I am Supergirl include Keida, Konshens, and Craig from Voicemail.
Production wise, Denyque says that persons can look out for contributions by veterans Jeremy Harding, Don Corleone, Cash Flow, Just Eazy Productions, Romeich Records, and several more.
In addition to promoting her mixtape, for the rest of the summer listeners can look out for Denyque's upcoming single I Miss You on Randy Rich Productions' Horizon Riddim, a collaboration with Romeich Records' recording artiste Versatile, and other singles produced by Stephen "The Genius" McGregor", and Nicko Browne for Lifeline Music.
Also, Denyque will be engaging in numerous philanthropic activities as she is now an official ambassador for the children rights advocate group Help Ja Children, and the Delcina McKenzie Foundation for children whose parents have passed away due to cancer.
Denyque's I Am Supergirl premieres May 3rd, 2012 exclusively at @ 7pm on Jamaicansmusic.com.
- Fyakin readies debut album
- Samantha J to perform on 106 and Park
- Chronixx, Kelissa and Dre Island ready for Dread and Terrible Europe tour 2014
- Keznamdi set to rock Skyline with Reggae Revival Heavyweights
- Rest in Power Nelson Mandela
- Demarco ready to unveil Alternative/Reggae Album
- Super Cat ready for Sting 30th anniversary
- Pentateuch and Earth Cry Band to perform at Alma Mater
- Etana reflects on female artistes that paved the way for her
- Chronixx and Raging Fyah headline Wickie Wackie Live #3