Interviews: Jahmiel: Preeing Positive
- Young Vibez Production Releases Dark Side Riddim
- The Morning Ride Riddim Review
- Sacred Heart Riddim Review
Though he has recently burst on the music scene, this Jose Marti Technical High School past student has been involved in the music industry since the tender age of seven, when he began performing. By age twelve, he had his first video for his single Put Dung Di Gun.
As a result of his melting pot of influences, Jahmiel is a "singjay," whose hybrid of both singing and toasting gives him a distinctive voice in the highly competitive local music industry. Jahmiel's musical influences include Bob Marley, Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley, Bugle, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, whose styles, when combined with his distinctive sound have helped to shape his eclectic blends and smooth delivery.
Jahmiel's father was the one who discovered his talent and supported his son's musical pursuits. With this support and his personal drive to succeed, the real turning point in Jahmiel's career began when his cousin introduced him to Akeem and Jahmie Roberts of the Young Vibez Production in 2009. The duo was impressed with this young man's talent that they soon fostered a good working relationship leading to Jahmiel signing a management contract to Young Vibez's parent company Shocking Vibes, which is operated by their father and industry stalwart Patrick Roberts.
The musical partnership between Jahmiel and Young Vibez has resulted in singles such as Me Nuh Murdera, What About the Love, New Year Yah, and his current single, My Time. Although these singles are currently picking up steam, Jahmiel noted that "getting songs on airplay" is the most difficult challenge he faces as a new artiste. However, this hasn't stopped his musical peers from taking notice of his immense talent, as the 19 year old has two collaborations with staple act and musical influence, Bugle, under his belt. These songs , Rise Above on IMG's Riches Riddim, and a soon-to-be-released Good Good produced single.
Jahmiel has also caught the ears of some of Jamaica's top production houses as he can be found on riddims by Russian's Head Concussion Records, T.J Records, Brit Jams, U.I.M Records, and more.
When asked whether there is any advice he'd like to give aspiring musicians, Jahmiel said that they "have to love music and be willing to put in the hard work needed to get your desired results".
In the coming months Jahmiel told IrieZine readers "to look out for more singles and songs on juggling riddims and "expect a video for My Time very soon" as he continues to make a mark with his socio-conscious lyrics and melodic vocals.
- Samantha J to perform on 106 and Park
- Chronixx, Kelissa and Dre Island ready for Dread and Terrible Europe tour 2014
- Keznamdi set to rock Skyline with Reggae Revival Heavyweights
- Rest in Power Nelson Mandela
- Demarco ready to unveil Alternative/Reggae Album
- Majestic Riddim connects Reggae artistes across the world
- Super Cat ready for Sting 30th anniversary
- Pentateuch and Earth Cry Band to perform at Alma Mater
- Chronixx and Raging Fyah headline Wickie Wackie Live #3
- Chimney Records walks on air with Rising Sun Riddim