1. Our fashion theme is National colours with a ‘Tups a white’. The white symbolises our commitment to peace and preserving the innocence of our children.
2. Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre will host the major pre-Independence activity and for July 31 to August 6 will host the Jamaica Festival Village. The Village will feature a food court, booths for craft and fashion as well as a special area for children’s activities.
3. Detailed information regarding the Call for Scripts in the Aunty Roachie Short Film Competition may be downloaded from www.cptcjamaica.com.
4. Marcia Griffiths, Freddie McGregor and the Skatalites will be specially recognised for their 50 years in the Jamaica Music Industry
5. Grand Gala - An awe-inspiring summation of the ideas and concepts presented over the period, the Gala will celebrate Jamaica’s global impact through our Cultural and Creative Industries. This year’s showcasing will be highlighted by mass group formations, recognition of cultural stalwarts and a showcase of the best performing and entertainment artistes.
6. Independence Ball - The Ball will be a major fundraising event featuring an international keynote speaker, first class entertainment, and an unforgettable dining experience. Children in state care will be main recipient of the proceeds.
Jamaica Festival 2014 will enliven a sense of belonging to the nation and reinforce a sense of national responsibility.